Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Why...

I guess I will start by introducing myself.  I am Jamie.  I am 35 years old, and a mom to three boys.  My oldest will be 3 at the end of October, and my twins (yes!! twins) just turned one this past weekend.  :)  I made the decision with my husband, that for our family,  I would quit my full time job, and stay home with the boys.  I love being home with them, but I have found an outlet for not only my physical health, but my mental health as well.

I had a fabulous first pregnancy... I mean FABULOUS!!  :)  I ate myself into a happy stupor.  Don't even get me started on how much pizza I indulged in.  I don't take back a second of it.  However, that kind of unfiltered eat-fest leads to the realization, after the baby is home, that you weren't bloated, you were just fat. HA!  I wasn't losing baby weight, I was losing burrito weight.  Let me tell you, that was the most brutal weight loss EVER!!  I had also been a graduate of losing 80+ pounds not but a few years earlier.  This was way more difficult.  My baby was now 18 months old, and I FINALLY fit into my jeans.  Then... along comes a pregnancy test.

Congratulations!!  It's a BOY!  ... and a BOY!!  I was only 31 weeks along, and I was feeling great!  Apparently my innards didn't agree.  My uterus was starting to rupture, and my emergency surgery, turned into meeting my little guys a little sooner than planned.  There is no feeling like being in the NICU, staring at tiny little people, just covered in wires and probes... and each day is more bad news.  Instead of lapsing into a depression, I decided, I was going to invest in sweat therapy.

I had watched the Insanity infomercial, I can't even tell you how many times, and stared at those before and after pics like I was memorizing them.  I was going to be one of those people!!  Exactly 6 weeks after the babies were born, I did my first Insanity Fit Test.  I blazed through my 60 days and lost EVERY single pound I had gained in pregnancy.  I was on fire!!  There was no stopping me, but better than everything else, I felt AMAZING about myself.  I had never been so proud.  So where does one go from there... ahhhh... HEAVY STUFF!!!!

I am now on my quest to build muscle, and lean out.  I have made a verbal commitment with a friend, that
we will be ready for a bikini competition by next year.  Let me tell you... in a YEAR (!!!!!), I have gained a body I never thought was possible, and still trucking:  I have gained an outlook on life that I thought only cheerleaders had:  I have gained a thirst to help people feel like this, and I don't think I can stop this train.

No comments:

Post a Comment